The education program consists of long-term programs and a large number of one-time projects and workshops that we hold in cooperation with other associations, organizations and festivals throughout Croatia and the region. The programs cover all age groups to bring them closer to watching and creating film forms. In this process, we use various methods to stimulate and develop curiosity, analyze and learn the benefits of film tools, become aware of the elements of the language in which we create, listen and watch. Our goal is to raise the general level of knowledge of the film language, thus bring closer the related arts and enable better skills in creating, communicating and critically questioning the film medium.
We want to raise awareness of the possibilities of agitation and advocacy with film media in the wider social context, especially in our time, when film media is present on all social networks and media platforms.
We want to help the participants of our programs find the tools to articulate themselves and express themselves as clearly and loudly as possible through film medium about topics, events and other things that they think deserve to be talked about.
Restart implements five long-term education programs:
- School of Documentary Film – the longest-running program of Restart education, which we have been conducting since 2011, the program lasts 6 months, we accept 10 participants a year (age 18+)
- ABC of Film – we have been implementing it since 2013 with the intention of applying an innovative and original approach to film education in practice. The workshops are held in several time slots during weekends, and are intended for ages 4 to 14.
- Thinking with Film – we have been implementing it since 2016 in cooperation with numerous civil society organizations in secondary schools throughout Croatia. Thematically focused on socially relevant issues relevant to high school age, which we deal with through a series of carefully conceived activities.
- We have been conducting Cinematic Afternoons – Archives and Memories since 2018 in cooperation with homes for the elderly and infirm. We organize film screenings with analyzes and workshops intended for the elderly.
- Masterclass – the program consists of guest appearances by international documentary filmmakers in Zagreb.
The education program has been developed independently since July 2003 through associations Attack and Fade In. With the founding of the Restart association in 2007, the education program has been developing through a multitude of programs, projects and workshops which were attended by more than 5000 people to date.
In addition to permanent education programs, Restart conducts numerous one-off and specially conceived workshops and projects in the field of film and video creation for different age groups through sectoral and intersectoral cooperation. All inquiries about the possibility of cooperation as well as additional information should be sent to the leaders of Restart’s education program.
Collaborative projects implemented so far:
- Steps in cooperation with Rijeka 2020 and the Spanish organization Ubiqa under the auspices of the European Union and the Council of Europe project was held in 2018
- One on One (http://www.restarted.hr/jedannajedan/o-projectu/) in cooperation with Miroslav Kraljević Gallery and secondary schools, the project was implemented from 2014 to 2016
- Through the school curriculum to modern contents and methods in studio production – in cooperation with the Electrical Engineering School Varaždin, Vern Polytechnic and the School of Art, Design, Graphics and Clothing Zabok, the project was implemented from 2015 to 2016
- Human Rights Community – in cooperation with the association IKS from Petrinja, Amnesty International, secondary schools from Petrinja, Glina, Topusko and Hrvatska Kostajnica; the project was implemented from 2012 to 2013 under the auspices of the Council of Europe
- By Camera’s Step – visibility of young people with disabilities – in cooperation with the association Zamisli, the project was implemented from 2011 to 2012
- Voyages Through Forgotten Places – in cooperation with the Voluntariat Institute from Ljubljana and the Youth Center CK13 from Novi Sad
- Rights and Video Tapes – in cooperation with Amnesty International Croatia